Vedanta Hindu Temple runs on a volunteer and non-profit basis to achieve the following objectives.
- To serve the Hindu community of Nova Scotia for its spiritual, religious and cultural needs.
- To diffuse the knowledge of the ethical, spiritual, religious, philosophical, social and cultural foundations and practices of Hindu Dharma and Hindu way of life.
- To promote and maintain the Hindu Mandir as a House of Worship, and cultural activities related to Hinduism located at the present address.
- To organize and celebrate religious festivals embodied in the Hindu philosophy.
- To work for the betterment of the members of the Society and to promote harmony, good will and better understanding among all other religious denominations.
- To bring together and unite those who believe in the Hindu way of life.
- Solemnization and registration of Hindu marriages.
- Encourage usage of Hindi/Sanskrit and other regional Indian languages as far as possible.
- Work for upholding the sanctity and decorum of the Mandir and religious congregations.
- Operate as a non-profit charitable organization.
- Acquire and take by purchase, donation, devise, bequest or otherwise real estate and personal property and hold, enjoy, sell, exchange, lease, lot, improve and develop the same and erect and maintain the buildings and structures.
- Ensure that the Society shall not under any circumstances be an affiliate of any other organizations with political aims or objectives.
- Ensure that the Society shall not under any circumstances, participate in, sponsor, support or condone any violent activity or hate propaganda as a group or on an individual basis as a member in the name of the Society.
- Encourage and promote the attendance of children and youth for participation in various religious, social and cultural activities of the Society to maintain the Hindu culture, heritage and Hindu way of life for our future generations.
- Invite and receive donations, organize campaigns and activities for the purpose of raising funds to improve, extend, rebuild and maintain the Mandir, its grounds and facilities therein, in the best possible conditions.
- To do all such other acts and things as are incidental or conducive to or consequential upon the exercise of its powers or the attainment of its objective.